Here’s how PowerUp works:
- Your child begins PowerUp at a starting point that fits their specific needs and then engages in online activities throughout the week.
- Online activities include direct instruction and immediate feedback as your child learns new skills.
- Each student has a weekly usage target that can be seen on the student dashboard.
- Progress and performance are reported directly to teachers so they can provide extra help when needed.
- Paper-and-pencil activities are also used for practice and may be completed in school or at home.
- Achievement certificates may be sent home to celebrate success and show progress in the program. Here’s how you can set your child up for success:
- Students should complete the tasks on their own. That means no hints or tips from grown-ups, friends, or siblings! This is important becausePowerUp provides extra support and instruction if students struggle with a task, and alerts teachers when further help is required.
- Try to provide a quiet space for learning. Headphones can be helpful but aren’t required.
- You can encourage and celebrate your child’s progress via the Your Progress tile found on the PowerUp student dashboard"