At Park Lane we use 3 External providers:
1. Himmat offers alternative provision for young people in a friendly and safe environment which aims to build positive and trusted relationships, build young peoples social skills and increase a sense of well-being. They offer individually tailored and differentiated learning plans for all our students. These include Functional Skills, Maths, English and ICT which run alongside students’ vocational choices.
Working off-site to support our students, their programmes and services will:
- re-engage young people at risk of low attendance or social exclusion,
- prepare for the transition from to post-16 education, including accessing their dedicated NEET worker for those at risk of becoming not in employment, education or training,
- improve academic attainment, behaviour, self-confidence and self-esteem,
- set clear goals and outcomes,
- develop functional and other skills for entry into employment,
- make school participation inclusive.
2. Focus Training works with schools to provide opportunities for young people to learn and train with local businesses and organisations with relevant and practical work placements.
Their extended work experience placements help students to believe in their own capabilities, realise their ability to achieve and empower them to build a positive future through training, further education and employment.
3. Calderdale College has been successfully supporting young people aged 14-16 since 2014.
All students on their Early College Transfer programme have a personalised timetable designed to meet their individual needs.
Individual timetables are designed from a range of vocational subjects and GCSEs/Functional Skills in English and Maths.
Calderdale College have also been successfully supporting young people who are home educated since 2014.
Courses currently offered
- Electrical Installation
- Art & Design
- Beauty Therapy
- Music Technology
- Employability & Life Skills
- Professional Cookery
- Health & Social Care
- Information Computer Technology
- Public Services
- Animal Care
- Creative Media