Classroom Teacher in Maths
Principal Lisa Corrigan
Classroom teacher in Maths
MPS - £22,917 - £33,823
Are you committed to improving the life chances of children?
Do you want to make a difference in society?
Do you want to join a rapidly transforming school?
Join us at Park Lane Academy, a comprehensive school which welcomes students of all abilities, aged 11-16. Our state of the art school building was opened in 2005 and was purpose built so that our students have an excellent range of facilities and an optimal learning environment.
We are currently undergoing an exciting transformation status through partnership with South Pennine Academies, http://www.southpennineacademies.org/
The Chief Executive of our Trust, Jane Acklam OBE, is a National Leader of Education. Miss Acklam works closely with our Principal Miss Corrigan, who has herself gained a wealth of national experience in rapid school improvement.
Our team of staff are wholly committed to improving the life chances of students and this is reflected in our mission statement. ‘We aspire to be the best at everything we do’.
GCSE results in Maths rose by almost 20% in summer 2018 and 60% of subjects increased their GCSE outcomes.
We are looking for an innovative candidate to join our dynamic team from September 2019, who is dedicated to providing the best possible opportunities to our students and driving up attainment. The successful candidate will be committed to achieving this. You will have the ability to inspire, enthuse and encourage students to gain a love of learning.
We strongly believe in developing our staff and have recently been awarded the ‘Investors in People’ standard.
We offer you the opportunity to:
- Work with a leadership team with national experience in teaching and learning, dedicated to putting Park Lane on the map and becoming a beacon of excellence. Join a forward thinking team of staff.
- Collaborate with outstanding teachers and leaders.
- Accelerate your career through bespoke CPD, including and extensive induction package and leadership development opportunities
- Work as part of a multi-academy trust, South Pennine Academies, alongside our partnership outstanding school, which holds National Support School status.You will have access to:
- A well-being and private medical care package
Park Lane is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applicants to posts that are exempted from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act will require a DBS (formerly CRB) from the Disclosure and Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed.
All completed applications must be submitted electronically via email to email@example.com by midday on Thursday 7 February 2019. It is anticipated that interviews will take place on Monday 11 February 2019.
Park Lane Academy, Park Lane, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX3 9LG
11-16 mixed comprehensive
Tel No. 01422 362215 Fax No. 01422 301050